DISCLAIMER:The numerical results from this calculator are estimates only and are not guaranteed.
Use the Book Thickness Calculator to calculate the thickness and weight of a finished print piece.
- Start by selecting the finished piece trim size. Changing the trim size during calculations will cause the calculator to reset and you will have to start over.
- Select the paper type for each part. For example if you are adding the cover part to the calculator select on of the cover paper type option.
- Select the paper weight for each part.
- Select the number of pages for each part. Be aware the paper weight and number of pages selectors change when the Paper Type selector is changed.
- Click on the Calculate button. The calculator will determine the thickness and weight of the part based on your options and will add the part to the Parts Table.
- Calculate will also update the Results block with total piece thickness and weight as well as packing options
- If you wish to have a certain number of pieces packed in each carton enter the desired number in the Qty Per Carton field in the Results box and click on the Apply button
- The calculator will determine the required height of the carton which may indicate a need for a custom carton.
- Click on the Reset button to clear the calculator and start over.